Mindfulness is a technique which can help people manage their mental health. It involves making a special effort to give your full attention to what is happening in the present moment – to what’s happening in your body, your mind and your surroundings. Mindfulness describes a way of approaching our thoughts and feelings so that we become more aware of them and react differently to them.
By using mindfulness, it can help people:
- Increase awareness of thoughts and feelings
- Manage unhelpful thoughts
- Develop more helpful responses to difficult feelings and events
- Feel calmer and able to manage stress better
- Be kinder towards yourself
You might have heard about mindfulness in school, and there are plenty of apps and places online to find out more information, click here to learn more.